|[SFdS] Statlearn'20, du 23 au 27 mars 2020 à Cargèse, en Corse|
A few slots are still available - The application deadline is postponed to 1st December!
We are happy to announce the 11th edition of the Statlearn workshop. Statlearn is a scientific workshop of the French Society of Statistics (SFdS) which focuses on current and upcoming trends in Statistical Learning. Conferences and tutorials are organized alternatively every other year since 2010. In 2020, a one-week spring-school will be held on March 23-27, at the Institut d'Etudes Scientifiques de Cargèse in Corsica (50km north of Ajaccio and not so far from the Calanques de Piana, a wonderful UNESCO World Heritage site).
There will be 4 lectures this year (tentative titles):
- James Hensman (Prowler.io) : Gaussian processes
- Julien Mairal (Inria Grenoble) : From kernel methods to deep learning
- Camille Saumard (Twice.ai) : Statistical machine learning in companies
- Rianne van den Berg (Google AI, Brian team) : Deep generative models
Poster sessions, with some local food, are planned during the week where participants, particularly young researchers, are encouraged to present their own work.
The application process is now open! The number of participants being limited to 40, there is a 2-step application process, to select the attendees:
1/ pre-registration: from 16/10 to 01/12/19. The candidates should fill the submission form on Statlearn website including:
- a poster abstract (title+short text, in english or french), if applied
- a resume/CV
- a reference letter from the supervisor, for Ph.D student
2/ registration after validation of your application by the scientific committee of the conference (the selected candidates receive an e-mail from the committee)
• Graduate & Ph.D. students, Postdocs : 350€ (100€ + 250€ for accommodation)
• Researchers in an academic institution: 450€ (200€ + 250€ for accommodation)
• Other: 650€ (400€ + 250€ for accommodation)
Accommodation is in a double room and costs 250€ for the week (flat fee - could not be reduced even if the participant does not stay the whole week), including: coffee breaks, breakfasts and lunchs each day, the welcome cocktail on Monday and the workshop "local food diner" on Thursday. Note that diners are not included.
Pre-registration form, venue information, program details are available on Statlearn website: http://statlearn.sfds.asso.fr/.
Looking forward to welcome you in Cargese in March 2020!
The organizing and scientific committee STATLEARN'20
|SFdS - Société Française de Statistique|