12/2020: Postdoc position at Inria Lille:
There is a postdoc position available (for 18 months) in the area of "Large scale inverse problems on graphs" at Inria Lille under the supervision of Hemant Tyagi, see the corresponding offer. The deadline for recruiting is around 26 Jan, but interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon for full consideration. The indicated starting date of 1st March 2020 is tentative and has to be precisely defined, depending on the date on which the candidate is selected.
It is eventually necessary to apply formally on the Inria job portal with all requested documents:
Profile of an ideal candidate:
- PhD in Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics (or related fields).
- Background and interest in theory with experience in writing proofs.
- Strong knowledge of linear algebra (esp. perturbation bounds for eigenvalues, eigenspaces etc.), probability theory (esp. concentration of measure and deviation inequalities) and optimization.
- Knowledge of at least one of: MATLAB, R, Python or similar languages.
- Some prior experience with problems related to the aforementioned research theme would be a plus but is not necessary.